Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to close my trunk today...and the corner of the spoiler bounces back up at me...stripped the threads out in the spoiler. What can I do short of buying a new spoiler or put new threads inside the spoiler?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I gonna go by some local body shops or something later this week. I want a different spoiler..but can't afford one right now. And I'm not going without lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I'm going to do to fix it is just put some jbweld in the stripped out hole and just jb weld the bolt in there. Now, next question...should I move it back like alot of people do? Anyone have good pictures of cars with the spoiler moved back?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm...hard decision

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok basically here's 3 choices...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hm..seems to be the consensus

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I figured out why it broke, cheap non-ford product. The ford spoilers come with the bolts in the spoiler and you put the nut on inside the trunk. My cheap spoiler has nuts in the spoiler and you put a bolt through the bottom. So therefor...it cheap...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now I just gotta get ahold of a drill...got everything else.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not at my apt...no garage here. My drill is in my shop...2 1/2 hours away lol. I have a friend here in town who's dad is restoring 3 trucks...I'll bet he has a drill

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But..for now I'm driving around looking like this...with 4 holes in my trunk. It sucks. And it's raining, go figure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts