Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanna take my rear spoiler off my 02 gt. only problem is when I do the holes are very noticeable has anyone done it and covered them? Or just bought another trunk ?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Do you plan to ever put it back on? Idk how much a new gunk would cost but I'm sure it's pricey. There's gotta be a way to fill the holes somehow.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Look for plugs.

You can buy them paint matched, they sit flush, and if you want to replace your wing the mounts are still there.

That, or fill with resin, sand, paint, polish.

One way takes maybe 30 mins. The other is gonna be way longer.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mkolabin said:
Look for plugs.

You can buy them paint matched, they sit flush, and if you want to replace your wing the mounts are still there.

That, or fill with resin, sand, paint, polish.

One way takes maybe 30 mins. The other is gonna be way longer.
I haven't found plugs anywhere

·
Registered
344 Posts
I haven't found plugs anywhere
They aren't sold as such. You'll probably wanna go by your local parts supplier, Pepboys or whatever you use, and do some sizing. You're not looking for "Mustang Wing Delete Plug" as an example, but rather plugs which fit.

I can get paint matched stoppers here, but I don't see many online. So you'll probably have to take the time to go into the store and look around. Find something that fits, and hopefully matches your paint, then pick up some silicone to seal them.

I've not done mine, but my buddy has on his GTO and that was the route he went short term... though he has since filled, sanded, painted and polished it.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
go to any hardware store and buy some nylon plugs...they will be either clear or black..you can color match them yourself with a little paint. they cost about .15 cents each. whenever i get bored and pop my wing off this is how i plug up the holes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts