Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sign company wants to sponsor my car .... How exactly does that work lol
I know they wanna wrap it pink and pay for supercharger and other things to put their name on it ....

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
usually a sponsorship like that will require a certain amount of car shows and events per year to be able to keep it and not end up oweing them for the parts. i've known a couple people who have done this kinda thing, and it can be a drag if you work and have tough scheduling

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

just ask the conditions ahead of time...and even i'd reccomend having a lawyer go over the contract...when you're talking thousands of dollars in parts that you are liable for it's good to have yourself covered

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1slosix said:
usually a sponsorship like that will require a certain amount of car shows and events per year to be able to keep it and not end up oweing them for the parts. i've known a couple people who have done this kinda thing, and it can be a drag if you work and have tough scheduling

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

just ask the conditions ahead of time...and even i'd reccomend having a lawyer go over the contract...when you're talking thousands of dollars in parts that you are liable for it's good to have yourself covered
Thanks for the advice :)

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
99.9% of the time sponsorships are scams. The general rule is you need to have tons of mods on your car already, have it looking great (more than wheels/a drop Im talking tons of money invested) and then when the car is looking really nice people will sponsor the car with new items etc since it looks good and may actually bring them business.

A friend of mine is a sponsor for Vossen wheels and a few other companies. He had to spend probably 20k into his car to get it to the level of having enough attention towards it so companies felt people noticed it enough to be worthy of free parts.

Be careful what you let someone stick on your car~ in the end its usually not worth it.... its a big hassle. You pay for what you get one way or another. The sponsor wants a return on their investment, you cant just slap on their parts and drive around town. You have to get out, go to shows, events, post all the time online and sell sell sell lol~ to much hassle for me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
it is only as tough as you make it

find out what their expectations are from the beginning
usually it is in writing

if it's reasonable for you to uphold the bargain, then it's a win win,
if not, walk away.

i'm sponsored by many but I have also turned many away
that were unreasonable in their requirements

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
MELLOWYELLOW06 said:

usually it is in writing

if not, walk away.

:good:
^^Yes that is what I was trying to say, but just couldn't spit it out..

From A to Z every company has their own policy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
MELLOWYELLOW06 said:

usually it is in writing

if not, walk away.

My question for years has been, how do find your sponsors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts