Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my 13' v6 for about 3 months, I just recently started to use the Sport mode and I am loving it, much faster acceleration, and cooler engine noises. :good: So, could I just leave it in S mode all the time? I want to but I have a feeling that if that was the case, there wouldn't be a basic Drive, so what is the disadvantage to leaving it in S mode all the time? If there is no disadvantage, then I plan on using S mode pretty much 24/7 lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
So I've had my 13' v6 for about 3 months, I just recently started to use the Sport mode and I am loving it, much faster acceleration, and cooler engine noises. :good: So, could I just leave it in S mode all the time? I want to but I have a feeling that if that was the case, there wouldn't be a basic Drive, so what is the disadvantage to leaving it in S mode all the time? If there is no disadvantage, then I plan on using S mode pretty much 24/7 lol
you will just get worse mpg. wont hurt the car at all though.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I maybe wrong but all the sport mode does is change the steering makes it more stiff . At least the 2012 and back ..

·
Registered
809 Posts
It makes steering a little more stiff and lets you rev to a higher RPM before it will shift (auto). It will also let you rev closer to red line at WOT than if you were just in drive.... Like others have said, it wont hurt your car at all, just lower your MPG a little. I drive mine in "S" mode all the time, I just wait for the coolant temp to get up to normal operating temp then turn it on. Always a good Idea to let your car warm up with gentle driving before doing any kind of more "spirited" driving.

·
Registered
790 Posts
curtin1991 said:
I maybe wrong but all the sport mode does is change the steering makes it more stiff . At least the 2012 and back ..
2013 Sport Mode is S in the tranny. Ive come to the conclusion that our 2012 Grade Assist does exactly the same thing except ours locks out 5th snd 13 S mode does not. I use Grade assist around town and take it off at hiway speeds 50+

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sport Mode on the steering wheel just adjusts the electronic power steering to make it mor firm and doesnt hurt gas milage at all.. The Sport Mode on the auto shifter is different and adds performance as others have stated above. 2 different features that have the same name.

·
Registered
964 Posts
pwrby4d said:
Sport Mode on the steering wheel just adjusts the electronic power steering to make it mor firm and doesnt hurt gas milage at all.. The Sport Mode on the auto shifter is different and adds performance as others have stated above. 2 different features that have the same name.
Ok that's what I thought . So my manual trans. Has nothing like that only the steering wheel stiffness ? This is the only difference I've seen.

·
Registered
744 Posts
curtin1991 said:
Ok that's what I thought . So my manual trans. Has nothing like that only the steering wheel stiffness ? This is the only difference I've seen.
Yes. Or if you have the performance package you can double tap traction control with brake on and it will turn on "Advaned Trac Sport Mode". The GT has this option also, standard.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yes. Or if you have the performance package you can double tap traction control with brake on and it will turn on "Advaned Trac Sport Mode". The GT has this option also, standard.
Actually, All the models have that feature. U need to hit the button once and then hold it for 5 seconds and it will turn the advancetrac completely off.

·
Registered
744 Posts
pwrby4d said:
Actually, All the models have that feature. U need to hit the button once and then hold it for 5 seconds and it will turn the advancetrac completely off.
No I am talking about sport mode traction control setting. Not all models have that. Only the performance package V6 and GTs. Google "advance trac sport mode".

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Here is a link: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...ch/317132-performance-package-sport-mode.html

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
curtin1991 said:
I have the 2011. It has no sport mode and it is a premium loaded. Unless I'm missing something

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Whitelightning said:
I have the 2011. It has no sport mode and it is a premium loaded. Unless I'm missing something
Sport mode in ours is "grade assist" the little button on the left of the shifter

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
No I am talking about sport mode traction control setting. Not all models have that. Only the performance package V6 and GTs. Google "advance trac sport mode".

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Here is a link: performance package sport mode - Ford Mustang Forums
ahhh. gotcha. lol. all this crap labeled the same thing.. lol. what was ford thinking. lol:banghead:

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

what does the advance trac do? is it more aggressive than the Sport mode?
advance trac is to there to stop the rear wheels from spinning in the rain, snow, on gravel etc. or when you launch your car hard. it basically cuts spark to the motor not allowing power to be excessive. honestly i turn it off all the time.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Someone mentioned Sport Mode being the setting for steering feel, and that it lowers mpg a bit. I know it is not sport Mode. But just the sport setting on the wheel, but this actually helps mpg. It is very slight, but it uses less power, and saves the engine work. Very minute, but Ford has gone as far to note it in their mpg comments and notes, which is how I learned about it.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
NicholasP said:
Sport mode in ours is "grade assist" the little button on the left of the shifter
I knew that. I was wondering about the steering. I hate how it feels like it was dipped in mashed potatoes and all gushy

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Someone mentioned Sport Mode being the setting for steering feel, and that it lowers mpg a bit. I know it is not sport Mode. But just the sport setting on the wheel, but this actually helps mpg. It is very slight, but it uses less power, and saves the engine work. Very minute, but Ford has gone as far to note it in their mpg comments and notes, which is how I learned about it.
No, I'm not talking about sport mode steering feel, all that does is make it a bit harder to turn the wheel, that can be easily adjusted. I'm talking about the sport shift mode, which apparently makes it to where it doesn't shift gears until it revs a bit higher.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ahhh. gotcha. lol. all this crap labeled the same thing.. lol. what was ford thinking. lol:banghead:

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

advance trac is to there to stop the rear wheels from spinning in the rain, snow, on gravel etc. or when you launch your car hard. it basically cuts spark to the motor not allowing power to be excessive. honestly i turn it off all the time.
advanced tracTION lol. i thought it might have been advanced tracK. lol
does it really hard disconnect like that? hmm...i guess that's ok. yeah i had to use it a few days ago in the snow. feeling the only downside to this car..

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
UltArc said:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts