Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to know, when is it safe to spray on a 5 spd manual? i know u shouldnt spray in an auto until u hit second gear but how about a 5 spd?

·
Registered
67 Posts
i think anything above 2500 rpm in any gear is pretty safe. not too sure so back me up guys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
oaktonarcher said:
i just wanted to know, when is it safe to spray on a 5 spd manual? i know u shouldnt spray in an auto until u hit second gear but how about a 5 spd?
Don't spray below 2500 RPM. Personally I spray only over 3K to prevent pooling in the intake. Don't want to detonate that fuel and N20 in the intake.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
You spray about 3K so the engine wouldn't have to work so hard and also so it won't pool. Never spray off the line and you feel it more when you spray in a low gear. (2nd-ish)

Monkey knows alot about nitrous and so does Zim. Catch them and ask any more questions you have.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
The best way to control the sprray on a Manual is with a MSD RPM activated Window switch that lets you set what RPM your nitrous will come on and shut off at. They are not expensive

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
The best way to control the sprray on a Manual is with a MSD RPM activated Window switch that lets you set what RPM your nitrous will come on and shut off at. They are not expensive
Definately the way to go!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you can spray off the line... I have several times. Granted I had a stall converter that allowed me to rev to 2300rpms before launching and 4.10s in the rear, so getting above 3k was never an issue fast.

anyway, don't spray below 3000 in any gear except first. first the rpms are climbing fast enough to where you can spray at 2500-2750. If you have a manual, get a window switch. That will prevent anything disasterous if you hit the fuel cutoff or rev limiter or shift too slow and lose rpms.

·
Registered
17 Posts
N02 is FUNNNNNNN
Just remember. More is better ....= BOOM.
Most kits send the same amount of N02 in for the entire burst (shot). You are increasing cylinder preasure enough to make an extra 75-100 hp at 5k rpms, so.....at 2k rpms, cylinder preasure is going to be off the charts. Dont expect headgaskets to last long if you do that on a regular basis.

Someone mentioned not spraying in 1st gear. I dont understand that, unless the goal in that is to reduce wheel spin. If you are worried about that, get some drag radials, run them at 12 psi when you are at the track. I pulled 1.6 60' times with them on my old car. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts