Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at replacing what seems to be the original springs but wasn't sure of the degree of difficulty. Someone told me the springs hold tension and to be very careful doing so. Anything in particular I need to know?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
on a 94-04 mustang one person can do the job in less then two hourse...it's super simple.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i just pull the springs out by hand...you can rent or buy a compression tool, but i seem to never need one...i just muscle it out lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just pull the springs out by hand...you can rent or buy a compression tool, but i seem to never need one...i just muscle it out lol
That's cool. Ill try that and hope it doesn't shoot up and send the garage ceiling on top of the car haha

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
lol yeah i just used a flat head to lift the base of the spring then pulled it out

·
Registered
509 Posts
The tension can cause the spring to shoot out at you. The compressors are not very expensive and it is a one nan job. Please use one to put the new springs in.

·
Registered
216 Posts
+1 on tension. I removed the original springs off my 66 and got a nice bruised shin on the first side and quite a show watching the other side shoot off across my garage.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so decided I didn't wanna take the chance of the springs shooting around me so picked up the spring compressor. Next question I have is I'm looking at CJ's and see lower control arms for decent price ($38) and then I also see Scott drake ones for $67, double the price. Is it worth it to spend the extra money on Scott drake products?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts