Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first time doing it, I put on C-springs and Mach1 S/S
Im so glad I did not pay somebody to do it. They
wanted $350.00, I did it by myself,with air, it took about 3 1/2 hours it was pretty easy just takes time.

It dropped pretty evenly for not cutting anything, only 1 inch all around
The ride is great I hardly notice any harsher ride, a little stiffer but real nice, just wish it was a little lower.

Anyway Tommorow my rims will be here and then Ill put up some pics.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
remove the top front isolator and cut the rear dead coil you should see 1.25 to 1.3 all around

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SpectorV said:
remove the top front isolator and cut the rear dead coil you should see 1.25 to 1.3 all around
Im afraid of squeaks and creaks, doesnt that happen when you remove a isolator?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
it can. Just wait until the next time you install springs. I have gotten it down to where I can install springs in 45min now.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
the front wont squeek but the rear will so DO NOT remove the rear, only the top front.

·
Registered
537 Posts
How was the drive after you did the install. My suspension is real stiff but damn it handles so much better than the stock stuff. Next for me is the Panhard Bar and maybe the Evolution Motorsports Tri-Link Kit.

Matt

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
My c springs didnt settle one bit... dont look for yours to either, maybe in the rear which wont affect the alignment, either way wait 500 miles to be sure, but i doubt it will matter much at all.... and even with an alignment on Cs i still wore on the inside (wider tires perhaps) even though the specs said i was with in stock tolerances... which do wear on the inside.... if it wears bad just get a set of GOOD cc plates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts