Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Well it depends how much you use your car. You can blow out your shocks if you don't upgrade them as well. But you can install those later on if you like. Some cars can last a year with aftermarket springs and oem shocks and struts before they blow. If you can instal them yourself then go for it and put the springs on. If not then I suggest you wait till you buy all the pieces before installing because shops charge ALOT just for installing.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
if you're going that extreme of a drop i would take it easy for sure over anything past a small SMALL bump in the road without getting better shocks/struts, put too much movement through them and they will wear out real quick, since you're only three months away from doing the shocks/struts i would wait on them

right now i have both the shocks and struts put away until i can afford the bushings and springs for my setup, been there for about a month now and yeah it's really getting annoying waiting but it's worth it, even if you're not the one tearing into the suspension the first time and it's free, just wait a little while..........

btw you know not to get factory replacement shocks/struts with that much of a drop right?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts