Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive searched but I want a hard answer and no opinions please. I have 20 inch shelby razors coming and I want to get springs. I want to get the best springs for her to get low as I can without getting cc plates or anything else. I basically just want springs until I get more cash to do the rest. But in the mean time I want a good look and better ride. Thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FRPP P's and you still need to take it in for a alignment. But why waste the money on a 1" drop when you are going to change it later? You could get the K's (1.5) and add camber bolts for $25 that will work just fine. Check my albums for pics of my 07 w/20" Razors and K springs for a example.
Youre right those were what I was looking at or the sr performance. Some told you could get these snd nothing else but it didnt sound right. I could do the bolts I just didnt want to have to get a lot of of other stuff.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

FRPP P's and you still need to take it in for a alignment. But why waste the money on a 1" drop when you are going to change it later? You could get the K's (1.5) and add camber bolts for $25 that will work just fine. Check my albums for pics of my 07 w/20" Razors and K springs for a example.

Here she is......
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/users/11539-albums629-4362.jpg
And she is sexy by the way thats the look I want.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I've been on k springs for a year, with nothing else, front tires still wear evenly and the car doesn't need an alignment

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been on k springs for a year, with nothing else, front tires still wear evenly and the car doesn't need an alignment
Ok thats what I wanted to know. I guess ill just the bolts just incase. Hows the ride or performance with them do you guys like them.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Its a bit rough over bumps but ive never been one to drive over holes,bumps,ect or haul ass down a ****ty road. On the interstate or daily driving its smooth as stock.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Well the road feel is rougher for sure, handles better and way less wheel hop

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK so what I get everyone is telling me as long as I dont get any sping that goes past 1.5 ich drop I should be good without getting anythin else like cc plates,bolts and adj panhard bars. I will probably get those things later if needed when i change the shock and struts but not now.

·
Registered
916 Posts
OK so what I get everyone is telling me as long as I dont get any sping that goes past 1.5 ich drop I should be good without getting anythin else like cc plates,bolts and adj panhard bars. I will probably get those things later if needed when i change the shock and struts but not now.
Ya you'll be ok on a 1.5" drop. When you go lower than that is when you start needing CC plates or bolts, adj panhard bar etc

·
Registered
497 Posts
I told you I was going to drop my car this weekend, well I did with K springs and I love it. Clearance wasn't a problem either. I did check camber before and after it really didn't change much. My camber bolts are still in the mail somewhere I would rather have them than not, I will most likely still use them to get a little bit more positive camber.

You will need a track bar that can adjust, even though it might not be a lot different from side to side it can play a part on the handling when slowing down or even in slippery conditions. might as well do it right the first time while doing springs.

Ya you'll be ok on a 1.5" drop. When you go lower than that is when you start needing CC plates or bolts, adj panhard bar etc
I went and dropped mine yesterday and I did need a track bar, was a little over 3/4" off. So I would suggest getting it anyways (track bar). CC plates if further than 1.5" like you said.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I told you I was going to drop my car this weekend, well I did with K springs and I love it. Clearance wasn't a problem either. I did check camber before and after it really didn't change much. My camber bolts are still in the mail somewhere I would rather have them than not, I will most likely still use them to get a little bit more positive camber.

You will need a track bar that can adjust, even though it might not be a lot different from side to side it can play a part on the handling when slowing down or even in slippery conditions. might as well do it right the first time while doing springs.

I went and dropped mine yesterday and I did need a track bar, was a little over 3/4" off. So I would suggest getting it anyways (track bar). CC plates if further than 1.5" like you said.
Ok nice when you say track bar you are referring to the panhard bar correct.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ok nice when you say track bar you are referring to the panhard bar correct.
haha yeah sorry, I raced karts and late models for 10+ years. it's a track bar in my book, but yeah panhard.. same thing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ok lol im stuck between k springs or sr springs.
My buddy has sr springs in his 07 gt and I obviously but k springs in my 06 gt and now he's talking about getting k's too try to get it like mine. The ride also feels better with the k's I must say

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My buddy has sr springs in his 07 gt and I obviously but k springs in my 06 gt and now he's talking about getting k's too try to get it like mine. The ride also feels better with the k's I must say
Ok thats what I wanted to know I will pay more for a better ride. Do you havev a chin spoiler on too?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ok thats what I wanted to know I will pay more for a better ride. Do you havev a chin spoiler on too?
Yeah, I'm glad I paid a little more for a better ride as well. It's not the stock factory ride but with any lowering spring it will be different just on the k springs I like them over anything. no I don't have a chin spoiler, there is plenty of room for one though. So I plan to do that in the near future as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I'm glad I paid a little more for a better ride as well. It's not the stock factory ride but with any lowering spring it will be different just on the k springs I like them over anything. no I don't have a chin spoiler, there is plenty of room for one though. So I plan to do that in the near future as well.
Thats been my only concern cause mines is pretty low when i put that on so I didnt want to scrape everywhere.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thats been my only concern cause mines is pretty low when i put that on so I didnt want to scrape everywhere.
You should be alright!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts