Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 GT Auto and recently spun a bearing. Funds are limited but I still owe on the car. I'm going to sell it once it's fixed but I'm not trying to spend an arm and a leg to fix it. I don't wanna sell it, but I have a second kid on the way and need to. What is the cheapest/best option.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Your engine is made at the Windsor plant because its a 99 If you put a crown vic engine in it you're going to need the 6 bolt flywheel because the romeo blocks came with 6 bolt mains. IIRC, the PI vics all had romeo blocks. What you want is a 4.6L PI truck motor because those were all made in the Windsor plant even after 99.

99 was the last model year that ford cars had Windsor blocks.

Windsor blocks have 8 bolt mains.
Romeo blocks have 6 bolt mains.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a 2001. Doesn't it have a romeo motor like the pi vics?

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
There were a few 01 Windsors, check your valve cover bolts, if you have 13 you have a Windsor, if you have 11 you have a Romeo. I'm putting a Romeo Vic motor in a 2000 that is a Windsor, flywheel is really the only thing and those are cheap. Everything else can swap over and a full motor will come with valve covers.

04-up Vic/Marquis/Town Car is going to be your best bet. I paid $575 shipped into my garage for a 38k mile 2V out of a Marquis.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were a few 01 Windsors, check your valve cover bolts, if you have 13 you have a Windsor, if you have 11 you have a Romeo. I'm putting a Romeo Vic motor in a 2000 that is a Windsor, flywheel is really the only thing and those are cheap. Everything else can swap over and a full motor will come with valve covers.

04-up Vic/Marquis/Town Car is going to be your best bet. I paid $575 shipped into my garage for a 38k mile 2V out of a Marquis.
Thanks scottydsntknow

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
The factory rod bearings are completely awful they are a real soft aluminum mine spun about two weeks after a ran a 150 shot

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 9 of 9 Posts