Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found the spy photos of the console of the 15' It's an automatic. They have the same shiftier, no paddle shifters :( , but the console and steering wheel are completely different.
IMHO, I like the interior and controls of my 13' better.

Spy Photos: 2015 Ford Mustang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,798 Posts
Well it's not a final version and they're probably just testing. I think we'll see paddle shifters on the autos in 15. It's long overdue and in high demand. They'd be stupid not to imo. Hopefully they look good so I can trade in my 12. I want that IRS :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the big deal with the IRS, what does it really improve. I know it helps with performance, but in what way?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,798 Posts
mrkrabz said:
What is the big deal with the IRS, what does it really improve. I know it helps with performance, but in what way?
In short, it's better for handling and is a much smother ride. Both rear wheels are connected to each other on a SRA so hit a bump on one wheel and it affects the other wheel as it affects the entire rear axle. With IRS what affects one wheel won't affect the other. They're independent from each other. SRA's are supposed to be better for drag but I'm not a drag guy so I can live w/o. But an SRA could be a bit more "exciting" to drive since it's a harsher ride :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is most likely the '13 they have been testing everything new they want to try on the '14 - '15 that's why it looks almost like the same interior of a '13.
I really doubt is a '13. It has the IRS, so it has to be a '15.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jackal43x said:
Ford has a '13 test mule with IRS
Where did you see that. I disagree, what's the point, the 14 is almost done, would be pointless to add or to an older model just for tests.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2015 Mustang test mule spied with Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) | Mustang Heaven

And how would I know why they are doing it, I do not work for Ford. But this is a 2013 Mustang.
That story is old, what car manufactures do is they build a car, and then they make them modular, so they can add a shell of an older model. to test it. Or they put big black panels on it, but if the body shape is the same as the previous version, then they use the previous body parts. That way they can test them in traffic. If you live near a production facility, you will see them every once an a while on the roads.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
mrkrabz said:
That story is old, what car manufactures do is they build a car, and then they make them modular, so they can add a shell of an older model. to test it. Or they put big black panels on it, but if the body shape is the same as the previous version, then they use the previous body parts. That way they can test them in traffic. If you live near a production facility, you will see them every once an a while on the roads.
Often times they do! There was an excellent article in Automobile or Car and Driver about that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its not the same car, do you research. If you look at photos of the '13 Shelby being tested, it had the '12 body on it. They always test cars with the older body on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
CYCLON37 said:
Well it's not a final version and they're probably just testing. I think we'll see paddle shifters on the autos in 15. It's long overdue and in high demand. They'd be stupid not to imo. Hopefully they look good so I can trade in my 12. I want that IRS :)
Paddle shifters are only on 13 manuals? That seems so pointless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The last I heard they were.
I have a 13', and I don't have paddle shifters. They have little buttons on the shifter themselves. Paddle shifters are little paddles that go behind the steering wheel that you can pull back. Kinda like the turn signal.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top