Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o i have an 07 v6 mustang and im 16 so i still go to school and every morning when i start it, the car makes a light sqeek sound and then it goes away when its warmed up and it only makes the sound when it rains or when its wet idk what it is can somebody help i think its a belt but i dont know and btw it has 61 thousand mile

·
Registered
216 Posts
Could be the belt. But if it squeaks just a little but at start up I would check a couple of things just in my own experiences.
1. Coolant reservoir cap - mine came apart but where I could still get a seal by putting it on just right because for whatever stupid reason I still haven't swapped it out. Think I will go to parts store tonight since I was reminded.
2. Thermostat housing - can start spraying a little bit on the belt. Ultimately it will get worse. Good news is that it's only about 50 bucks and a few turns of the wrenches. I've read some of these go out whatever the mileage, mine went out around 60k.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

gc19662007 said:
Could be the belt. But if it squeaks just a little but at start up I would check a couple of things just in my own experiences.
1. Coolant reservoir cap - mine came apart but where I could still get a seal by putting it on just right because for whatever stupid reason I still haven't swapped it out. Think I will go to parts store tonight since I was reminded.
2. Thermostat housing - can start spraying a little bit on the belt. Ultimately it will get worse. Good news is that it's only about 50 bucks and a few turns of the wrenches. I've read some of these go out whatever the mileage, mine went out around 60k.
And mine is also a 07with a 5-speed w/pony package.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
gc19662007 said:

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

And mine is also a 07with a 5-speed w/pony package.
^great advice!

Check the Thermostat housing. And I got a new cap for cheap at rockauto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts