Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This squeak is coming from my rear left area. 2013 v6 with 135k. It increases with speed but you can't hear it unless you have the windows open. If you ride next to a wall or in a tunnel it is very noticeable. My guess would be an axle bearing but then again I've had wheel bearings on other cars sound way worse than this. Maybe a u-joint on the drive shaft?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Does the squeak happen going over rough or bumpy pavement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Beechkid

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the squeak happen going over rough or bumpy pavement? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No more so then driving forward. I can rule out the swaybar endlinks and bushings cause I had those redone a year ago by a buddy of mine who is a mechanic formally an engineer at Ford. Had the control arms checked and they are good. I do need rear brake pads, they are getting low so I'm not sure if that could do it with a low pad. My first bet would be axle bearing, maybe the drive shaft ujoint? But I would think both of those would be louder.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sway bar bushings was where I was going with that question about bumps because that was a problem I had. I wonder if the pads have those wear feelers on them? That’d make a noise like that if the pads are approaching minimum thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: crjackson

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
I couldn’t hear it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts