Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I drive I hear a squeak its definitely from the passenger side, my girlfriend says it sounds like the rear but I say the front. It used to be when I touched the brakes so i checked them and I don't think its them. Now its when I drive I can hear the squeak. Its a short, high pitched squeak. What could this be?! It drives me nuts and sounds terrible! Didn't know if it means anything or if its normal but whem I jacked the car up and spun the wheel (front pass) it spun freely until a certain point and then rubbed up against something, grabbed and slowed down to a stop quickly. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Heck it could be struts or shocks and possibly springs. It's hard to define something like that though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
High pitch squeek, wear bar on brake pads. Wheel spinning freely until a certain point then stopping suddenly, warped rotor. To me it sounds like you need need front brakes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is it more of a squeak or squeal? If it is a squeal I would say brakes. If it is a squeak I would say control arm bushings.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Glad it worked out for ya! There is nothing worse than a squeak in a car. It ends up being the only thing you can hear/think about lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts