Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my car up, I hear squeaking/squealing coming from under my hood, when I popped it today I think it's coming from the belts on the transmission. Would this have anything to do with my battery light coming on randomly and sometimes flashing. I am having an ongoing problem with figuring out the battery light. Never stays on for more than 10 minutes at a time and I got the battery terminal fixed but light still randomly comes on for a minute or two once every 2/3 weeks. And the auto shop that fixed the corroded terminal said it wasn't the transmission. Please help need a sticker this month

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
When I start my car up, I hear squeaking/squealing coming from under my hood, when I popped it today I think it's coming from the belts on the transmission. Would this have anything to do with my battery light coming on randomly and sometimes flashing. I am having an ongoing problem with figuring out the battery light. Never stays on for more than 10 minutes at a time and I got the battery terminal fixed but light still randomly comes on for a minute or two once every 2/3 weeks. And the auto shop that fixed the corroded terminal said it wasn't the transmission. Please help need a sticker this month
Need a new belt

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think mine was 25 or so easy to replace. Won't hurt to get a new belt also
What belt would I need? These may be really stupid questions and I'm sorry in advanced lol

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

And the noise doesn't happen when I'm driving just on start-up. And would this be related to my battery light sometimes coming on?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm sorry I'm not unaware of what that is. How much would it be to replace it?
Hi, i agree most likely your tensioner is getting weak. When you change it you also need to change your serpentine belt. Do you have a Ford service manual or Chilton ? It will show you where the tensioner is. And also how to change it along with the belt. Not a hard job.

·
Registered
540 Posts
There is no stupid question. No problem. If there is a autozone advanced auto or oriley's near you just go to one of those places and tell them you need a belt for you year and model mustang and they will look it up for you.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it to my autobody shop they said the belt was all dry and cracked so they are going to replace that for me and also check the pulleys. They said that the belt could be causing the light to come on because when I take off from a red light the belt doesn't catch quick enough which will result in battery light to come on for some reason.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Took it to my autobody shop they said the belt was all dry and cracked so they are going to replace that for me and also check the pulleys. They said that the belt could be causing the light to come on because when I take off from a red light the belt doesn't catch quick enough which will result in battery light to come on for some reason.
Yup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts