Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...my friend came over this morning so i could show my friend my new exhaust system (GT takeoffs with 40 series flows). anyway, when i went to start the car. i pushed the clutch in and there was this loud squeak comin from the car. i was like WTF. so i let the clutch out and push it in again. same sound. so i had my bro come out and push the clutch in while i listened and there was the same sound. is my throwout bearing starting to go or something, cuz it jsut started doin this this morning, or at least i never noticed it before. also, wut exactly does the throwout bearing do. is this something i should get looked at right away or can i leave it for a little while?

·
Registered
187 Posts
a throw out bearing is a part of the cluch movement in engaging and disengaging the pressure plate and the disc. if it is your throw out bearing you might as well get a whole new clutch becuse to get a new throw out bearing it requires you to take down the tranny and take out the clutch. it would be cheaper in the long run. when you get a new clutch your flywheel needs to be resurfaced so go the extra mile and get a billet flywheel and let loose some hp in your engine as well. this is of course if you have the dough. i have a spec stage 3 in my car. it works very well but i recomend a stage two.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Double post:mod: :locked:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts