Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my front left brake squeaks a ton when I lightly brake and even when cruising at 15 without the gas.. I think it's the pads but I'm not sure. It's not a big deal its just annoying and I'm OCD about it.. What do you Gus think it is?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
So my front left brake squeaks a ton when I lightly brake and even when cruising at 15 without the gas.. I think it's the pads but I'm not sure. It's not a big deal its just annoying and I'm OCD about it.. What do you Gus think it is?
If it goes away in a week or two then its just cause of the semi-metallic brake pads that Ford uses

·
Registered
74 Posts
most makes of cars have a thin piece of metal behind the pad , an anti rattle shim, it helps keep the pad in constant light contact with the rotor to prevent rattling they can break or rust out and fall out-- also brakes are self adjusting to compensate for pad wear to keep the pad against the rotor, if the adjuster slide rods are dirty or rusty it won't allow the adjuster to keep pressure on the pad , there again to keep the pad touching the rotor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts