Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my car suffered its first suspension issue today. A squeaky rear shocks at 5500+ miles. Usually a squeaky shocks is caused by worn shaft seals or shock shafts but at this early stage, it was a complete shock to me :lol:. It felt like I was driving an old pick up truck with a blown shocks that squeaks in every bump and uneven road surfaces. :wtf

My 2013 Mustang is my daily driver and I don't drag race or launch at all just an occasional spirited driving. My 2005 Jeep GC took me 15K+ miles before the rear shocks went bad and I thought that was shockingly early.

Anyways, I took it over to my dealership today and they confirmed my suspicion. So they ordered a new rear shocks for me and to be installed for free under warranty. That made me very happy because my stealership...I meant dealership is atleast owning up to their product.

I guess it's time to plan for suspension upgrade before this replacement go bad again. I'm thinking of going coilovers and be done with it. Coilovers research time. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well, my car suffered its first suspension issue today. A squeaky rear shocks at 5500+ miles. Usually a squeaky shocks is caused by worn shaft seals or shock shafts but at this early stage, it was a complete shock to me :lol:. It felt like I was driving an old pick up truck with a blown shocks that squeaks in every bump and uneven road surfaces. :wtf

My 2013 Mustang is my daily driver and I don't drag race or launch at all just an occasional spirited driving. My 2005 Jeep GC took me 15K+ miles before the rear shocks went bad and I thought that was shockingly early.

Anyways, I took it over to my dealership today and they confirmed my suspicion. So they ordered a new rear shocks for me and to be installed for free under warranty. That made me very happy because my stealership...I meant dealership is atleast owning up to their product.

I guess it's time to plan for suspension upgrade before this replacement go bad again. I'm thinking of going coilovers and be done with it. Coilovers research time. :)
I had noise in my front right todat 3800 miles but I'm going to blame it on it being 9 degrees for the last two days haha hopefully not having your issue

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had noise in my front right todat 3800 miles but I'm going to blame it on it being 9 degrees for the last two days haha hopefully not having your issue
Yeah, at first I was thinking it was the weather too that's causing the squeaks because it has been below 20s here for a couple of days now. For front struts I could imagine it's rubber in the top hat that could be affected in a very cold weather.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

I have to take mine, its 80 degrees here, some time 90, so it aint no weather on my shocks
I miss that kind of weather but looks like it's time for your shocks to get check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts