Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i drive my back wheel squeaks alot and its so dam annoying! When i brake the noise goes away but then my brakes squeak too -_-. The brakes are basically touching the whole time, so im not sure if its the brake pads or something else ?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Berry_Eggo said:
When i drive my back wheel squeaks alot and its so dam annoying! When i brake the noise goes away but then my brakes squeak too -_-. The brakes are basically touching the whole time, so im not sure if its the brake pads or something else ?
Could be that the pads need changing, or that the caliper is locked up.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Could be a bit of both. If the pads are low enough they will squeal...however the squealing when you arent braking can be worrisome. Make sure your wheels are tq'd down..check where the shocks connect to the rear end. Check the springs to make sure they are sitting in the isolators right.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
1slosix said:
Could be a bit of both. If the pads are low enough they will squeal...however the squealing when you arent braking can be worrisome. Make sure your wheels are tq'd down..check where the shocks connect to the rear end. Check the springs to make sure they are sitting in the isolators right.
Yeah, the squealing when not braking is what makes me think caliper.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at them today, looks like the previous owner replaced the back caliper, but the part that holds the caliper on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts