Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a squeeking noise that sounds like its coming from the rear wheels Haynes manual say shocks or bearing defective. Just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem. :? :? :?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there is two types, one when I hit bumps, sounds like the springs the other when I am driving down the road which will squeek for a little bit then stop, but will start again periodically. If that makes any sense to you.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It does sound a lot like bushings. try spraying the bushings with wd 40, if it quiets down that will tell you if that is it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will do that next time I get it on a lift. Im gonna try tightening down the hardware underneath as well. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yep i have same problem mine it is a 2001 i had it checked by 4 different mechanics all said it is just in the suspension nothing can be done, they checked the bushings, bearings, tie rod ends, controll arms , shock and struts all of it they all checked out ok, it has 67,000 miles on it so i dont know guess theres no fix for it , i used the white lithuim grease and wd40 and it quitened down but still has a small sqreach towards the back but thank goodness the front squeek is about gone, im gonna go in and spray towards the back underneith today see if that temporarly fixes the back as well,. its always beenthe left side, it doesnt do it on the right thats what i dont understand, for a while you could use the emergency brake while parked and it would go away for a bit but it always comes back.
ive talked to so many mechanics and mustang owners online and apparently there is no permenant fix for it.
if there is please let me know as long is its resonably affordable not like changing everything under there lol .
all help is appreciated.
Sandy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have the same problem with a 95, sounds like its coming from the frontend, very noticable in turns at slow speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, I have a 2001 black convertible. I have sprayed WD40 behind the left tire on something, not sure what it is ( hey I am a woman) it seems to help. I have also sprayed some on the bolt that holds the seat in. My squeek is always on the left side behind me. Drives me crazy!!!
Deb

·
Registered
2 Posts
yep i have same problem mine it is a 2001 i had it checked by 4 different mechanics all said it is just in the suspension nothing can be done, they checked the bushings, bearings, tie rod ends, controll arms , shock and struts all of it they all checked out ok, it has 67,000 miles on it so i dont know guess theres no fix for it , i used the white lithuim grease and wd40 and it quitened down but still has a small sqreach towards the back but thank goodness the front squeek is about gone, im gonna go in and spray towards the back underneith today see if that temporarly fixes the back as well,. its always beenthe left side, it doesnt do it on the right thats what i dont understand, for a while you could use the emergency brake while parked and it would go away for a bit but it always comes back.
ive talked to so many mechanics and mustang owners online and apparently there is no permenant fix for it.
if there is please let me know as long is its resonably affordable not like changing everything under there lol .
all help is appreciated.
Sandy
I have the same problem, I have a 2001 black convertible. I have sprayed WD40 behind the left tire on something, not sure what it is ( hey I am a woman) it seems to help. I have also sprayed some on the bolt that holds the seat in. My squeek is always on the left side behind me. Drives me crazy!!!
Deb

·
Registered
32 Posts
My stang squeeks like hell. I think the reason why it's always on the left side is because you hear it outside of the driver's window (mine is on the left too). I just replaced my driver's side rear brake caliper which was causing my pads to rub which fixed one of the noises. Personally, I think it's the upper and lower control arms.

Has anyone replaced their control arms and found that the squeaking stopped?

·
Registered
42 Posts
my car actually makes a whining sound in the rear when i driving, its rather annoying...and as you said it only does it periodically, but it doesnt do it when i go over bumps. I have no idea what it is, but i would like to know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
omg, glad i am not the only one. I have a 98 and mine has been squeaking for 4 years now, i have taken it in to many mechanics only to have them say they cant find it but then recommend i fix something else. Needless, i have spent tons on new shocks/ brakes/rotors, ugh,

so if i spray with WD40, where do i spray at? I am a female so i am unfamiliar with this kind of stuff but the noise is unbelieveably annoying and like everyone else it comes from the left side as well but now i tend to hear it from the right side....please help!!
Laura

·
Registered
22 Posts
i've had the squeaking problem too. On the left side in the rear in my 2001 conv. i've sprayed the control arm bushings also. i bought some control arm that i got off a mach 1 so i'm gonna try and swap them. Also my car sags a little bit in the left rear. I've taken it to a couple of shops no one can give me an answer i've changed springs and shocks twice. It's really buggin me

·
Registered
831 Posts
omg, glad i am not the only one. I have a 98 and mine has been squeaking for 4 years now, i have taken it in to many mechanics only to have them say they cant find it but then recommend i fix something else. Needless, i have spent tons on new shocks/ brakes/rotors, ugh,

so if i spray with WD40, where do i spray at? I am a female so i am unfamiliar with this kind of stuff but the noise is unbelieveably annoying and like everyone else it comes from the left side as well but now i tend to hear it from the right side....please help!!
Laura
Anywhere you might thing there is a bushing or stress point just not on the barke dicks or around the pads.Also you might want to find something a bit better than WD40 even Hoppe's lube for firearms I think would work better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts