Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Got the sr lowering springs from am not to long ago. Looked like a great product besides the fact that there were no instructions besides the ones on the sight. I went at it and installed the fronts first, an after I finished I realized that I had put the rears in the front. The car dropped low and now I have only a finger width between my tire and fender. Gives the car a real exaggerated nose down stance. Personally I kinda like it as a posed to ripping the fronts out and doing it properly for the claimed 1 inch drop all around. Still have the stockers in the back. My question is, is there a problem running the car like this? The springs appeared to be properly seated and after driving the car for a week, no noises or other issues have come up. Just wanting to know your guys opinion! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Remove them and install them properly or you are asking to wreck your car.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understood. Was defiantly going to do the switch soon. Problem is I have a car show coming up that I was really looking forward to going to. That's two days away, I need my car for tommorrow as well. I know you guys can't advise keeping this setup for a Long period of time. But if I am going to need it for a couple days, what are some things that could go wrong?

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
You could need to swerve out of the way of something or hit the brakes real hard tomorrow. Basically you are driving an unsafe vehicle around. I'd say get the tools out tonight and get the stock springs back in the front for now.

You're going to need an alignment anyway when you do the springs. And CC plates if you lowered it much.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Understood. Was defiantly going to do the switch soon. Problem is I have a car show coming up that I was really looking forward to going to. That's two days away, I need my car for tommorrow as well. I know you guys can't advise keeping this setup for a Long period of time. But if I am going to need it for a couple days, what are some things that could go wrong?

Um like Scotty said wreck your car you shouldn't even be driving it in this condition

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
I'm sure he's out driving it now and will be tomorrow for his car show as well. Hopefully he does not have to make any sudden turns or stops...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually no, pulled in the guys and switched them out. Seemed like a good idea after this thread ... Haha. Car sits much higher which is disappointing :( but safety is always a priority...

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Get the springs installed right and then some CC plates and you should be a little lower and good.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Actually no, pulled in the guys and switched them out. Seemed like a good idea after this thread ... Haha. Car sits much higher which is disappointing :( but safety is always a priority...

Good to see you made the wise choice so you and your car are safe

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts