Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I've got the adjuster, cable, quadrant, and pedal stop from sr and while I haven't installed it yet I can tell you it's all of really sturdy build quality. The cable itself is beefier. The quadrant is really thick and is milled out of a single chunk of aluminum. And the adjuster looks like it's really strong too. It should all be going in next week. I'll post back when it's installed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This product has alot of bad reviews. As the quadrant, and adjustable firewall plug goes. Those two products are great and work flawlessly. Now the main issue is the cable, I've read alot of reviews saying the clutch cable breaks very easily and quickly.
I say give it a try and see if they fixed the flaw in the cable, but if i was you i would have a spare cable in your car with all the tools you would need to change the cable out if it snaps. Just in case you don't get stranded somewhere with a broken clutch cable!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
GDogg08 said:
This product has alot of bad reviews. As the quadrant, and adjustable firewall plug goes. Those two products are great and work flawlessly. Now the main issue is the cable, I've read alot of reviews saying the clutch cable breaks very easily and quickly.
I say give it a try and see if they fixed the flaw in the cable, but if i was you i would have a spare cable in your car with all the tools you would need to change the cable out if it snaps. Just in case you don't get stranded somewhere with a broken clutch cable!
Interesting. I haven't read anything like that (not saying they aren't out there) but the cable I got is chunkier than the stock One by a pretty considerable amount. I guess ill find out.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
The oem cable is still by far the strongest one currently available. Just use the quadrant and firewall adjuster with the stock cable.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just because the cable is thicker does not mean its hardier. The Ford cable has linings and better materials used. I should have saved the link but someone compared cables and the Ford was manufactured the best.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Has anyone tried the SR performance clutch adjuster kit from AM? What are your thoughts on it?
Just a FYI, when I purchased my mustang gt. it came with a stage 3 spec clutch. It also had a replacement cable. I drove it for a bout four months and it snapped. Made my fork bend. So I replaced the cable with another cable "not oem" it snapped another 4 months later. Now I did some research and I read OEM is the best but I got a bbk clutch cable this time. It came with two extra leverage points to release stress off the cable. I've been using that for about 6-7 months now and it's not fraying like the other ones. OEM is by far the most superior of quality IMO and I'm sure other people's too. All cable stretch but 90% of after market cables snap. Your better off being safe than sorry and getting the OEM cable. This is straight from personal experience.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I actually have that exact same kit on my GT now. Its been on for about a week and havent had any issues out of it, clutch pedal feels alot tighter now... I hope i do not run into the cable snapping issue that they seem to be prone to though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts