Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Has anyone installed these without the upper strut mounts that AM says you need?

(Look at the "application" portion in the description)
SR Performance Mustang Lowering Springs - Coupe (05-13 GT & V6) - Free Shipping!
This is a very commonly asked questions. I've seen countless people install these Springs without upgrading the Strut mount or Dampers. However, we've found that the GT500 Strut Mounts and Dampers make this install a lot easier then if you use the stock Mounts.

I hope this helps! Give my CS team a call if you have any further questions. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Just make sure to order some camber bolts or else the inside of your tire will wear really fast. They are only like 10 bucks

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do the camber bolts work? Sounds like I'm going to need an alignment too...

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
If you get the camber bolts it keeps your front wheels straight up. When you lower it the wheels automatically camber and this will fix it and you won't have to get an alignment

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just put mine on yesterday morning without an upgraded strut. Im going in for an alignment next weekend though when they settle a little bit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not at all. Straight as an arrow. I am still getting it aligned since its the small amount of wear on the tire you dont notice. I was honestly expecting a little pull, but non that is noticeable. I also just ordered an adjustable panhard bar that I am going to put on this weekend just to top it off.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
But will getting it aligned help, I didn't know that would adjust camber. I need to get one of those panhard bars and the lower control arms to top it off

·
Registered
203 Posts
It should adjust camber and the toe to make sure that the front tires are in a straight line. Buying camber kits will definitely help in the long run, but I honestly dont have the money for them haha. If you already bought them, then you made a good choice. Alignment is just a cheap fix.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Oh yea duh I was thin going too much into it. I didn't get the adjustable camber I just got the camber bolts for ten bucks the adjustable was stupid expensive! But let me know how that goes!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
That's what mine looks like dropped almost 2 inches in the back and 1.75 in the front except not the smoothest ride lol. For sure let me know how it goes

ForumRunner_20130218_221123.png

1 - 20 of 55 Posts