Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious on the difficulty of this? Don't wanna pay 300 for the install that I got quoted if I can do it myself
Also I ordered camber bolts and was wondering if I should put them on during the install?

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Have the front end aligned when you've completed the spring swap.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Oh ok ill check that out tomorrow

What about the camber bolts? Should I add them at the time of install?
I did the sr springs install myself with a buddy. Not that hard just time consuning. U will need the spring conpressors and just get chamber bolts and install them. Once done just go get an alignment and your good to go. Btw im assuming u already have a adjustable panhard bar to fix the rear end from leaning to one side or another

·
Registered
803 Posts
On a 1.5' drop the rear will sway to the right. So yes u need the panhard bar the chamber bolts u dont need for a few months. Trust me I literally have those springs I would know from experience
I second this. I installed my SR's myself and could easily see it needed a pan hard to fix the alignment issue. I set my pan hard to be the same as stock and installed it. Then I waited a few days after that to make the adjustment because I wanted to be sure everything settle... And the stock pan hard is HEAVY compared to my aluminum one... Got to shave that weight any time you can

·
Registered
569 Posts
I did mine myself. I'm pretty handy, but suspension is always a HUGE pain in the ass, however, AM has a very detailed install guide that kind of dumbs it down for you. Makes it very detailed and easy to understand, even if you've never done springs yourself.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

And btw, you don't need an adjustable pan hard bar, but it'd be a good idea. I went without it at first, and never noticed my rear end leaning to one side, but got one anyway later with some rear control arms, but only got it for better launches, not for the springs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts