Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased lowering springs for my ride... Do i need anything else to lower my whip or no?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Camber bolts at the least but cc plates would be the better. You will need an alignment and you will soon need new shocks if your still using stock ones.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Camber bolts at the least but cc plates would be the better. You will need an alignment and you will soon need new shocks if your still using stock ones.
That's it? Nothing else. Just the CC Plate, Alignment and new shocks? I have stock shocks. No need to order struts?

·
Registered
535 Posts
That's it? Nothing else. Just the CC Plate, Alignment and new shocks? I have stock shocks. No need to order struts?
I would do both a decent set of shocks and struts when you can afford so. Also I would recommend get new polyurethane isolators. A lot of people take them off to get a little more drop but it will create nvh. I reused mine as they were still okay and wrapped them with electrical tape to help with cracking in the future.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
forget the bolts...C&C plates...and isolators if you want to just install the springs...i just put the SR springs on my car a week ago...i'd say it's barely 1.5" worth of drop if that. if your shocks are shot replace them, but if not don't worry about it. I need new ones, but i still have the oem ones in lol.

enjoy the springs...for me it was about a two hour install because i was doing it alone with only handtools lol

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
as for the alignment give it a few weeks to settle before doing it or you're wasting your money

·
Registered
748 Posts
forget the bolts...C&C plates...and isolators if you want to just install the springs...i just put the SR springs on my car a week ago...i'd say it's barely 1.5" worth of drop if that. if your shocks are shot replace them, but if not don't worry about it. I need new ones, but i still have the oem ones in lol.

enjoy the springs...for me it was about a two hour install because i was doing it alone with only handtools lol
So you have nothing aftermarket on but the springs?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
all of them? and nice i wish i had the gt hood. i love the hood scoop look.
Some of the v6 cars got that hood with the pony package. I just bought a gt hood for 60 bucks from a 99 without the scoop, but ill order one from am to fix that. Check you local classifieds, youd be surprised the deals you can find on hoods.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Some of the v6 cars got that hood with the pony package. I just bought a gt hood for 60 bucks from a 99 without the scoop, but ill order one from am to fix that. Check you local classifieds, youd be surprised the deals you can find on hoods.
id honestly rather have your reverse cowl hood....super clean look....which i think is why i love the 99 cobras so much

·
Registered
360 Posts
How do able is it to put these on yourself? I bought a set and I know I can do the rear springs but the front looks questionable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts