Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats insane, saw this on another mustang thread. The guy is now going for 600hp
http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35600

All the power for that little light car, must be a real fun to drive around in.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he stock clutch took a crap :D

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
eh not necessarily. the stock internals on my gst can handle 22lbs of boost. theres people pushing even more (but not constantly) so if he runs low boost around town, then sets it high for just a race or two, hes not gonna do any major damage. but after a while yeah it could start to wear down. i dont know about dem neon engines though. i dont think id trust one with any kinds of boost.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
eh not necessarily. the stock internals on my gst can handle 22lbs of boost. theres people pushing even more (but not constantly) so if he runs low boost around town, then sets it high for just a race or two, hes not gonna do any major damage. but after a while yeah it could start to wear down. i dont know about dem neon engines though. i dont think id trust one with any kinds of boost.
if they have a good setup, the proper a/f ratio, good intercooler, bla bla bla, they could easily handle 22psi, theres guys on base model neons using the stock crank and pushing that much boost no problem

Gary Donovan, guy with the 10 second reliant, he ran his engine for i think 2 racing seasons, stock rods, got it on the dyno and blew the engine...an ARP rod bolt broke, he didnt get to finish his run, but pushed 444whp at about 3500rpms

theres guys pushing about 26psi in these 2.2L's every day on the street, i definatly dont see why you couldnt in an SRT-4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts