Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that American muscle price matches and I have been a very loyal AM customer ever since I bought my 01Bullitt back in 2007. I am about to purchase a set of 18 inch staggered Anthracite Bullitt wheels with nitto 555 tires. But I found the best deal from one of your competitors. If you can match the price cruzin concepts quoted me I would prefer to make the purchase from my favorite company AM. Here is a copy of what they quoted me. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
bullitt1075,

We can definitely price match the $1,316.00 from CJPoney parts without a problem! However, we won't be able to match the second screen shot image ($1,301.00) because it includes a discount code, that's not publicly advertised in the standard pricing. Can I ask what site the second screen shot came from?

I hope you're okay with the small $15 difference between the too. I'd love to get you hooked up with one of our wheel/tire packages. Let me know if this still works with you and we'll get things rolling ASAP!

Shane

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. The second pic was my quote from late model restoration. They give forum users a 7% discount now. The reason I'm leaning towards this deal is because they offer the widest front tire out of any wheel/tire package that I've come across, 275 35 18. Do you think I might get some sidewall flex with the wider rim? And why did AM go with a 265 instead of 275?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. The second pic was my quote from late model restoration. They give forum users a 7% discount now. The reason I'm leaning towards this deal is because they offer the widest front tire out of any wheel/tire package that I've come across, 275 35 18. Do you think I might get some sidewall flex with the wider rim? And why did AM go with a 265 instead of 275?
Oops, I ment tire not rim, when I was referring to sidewall flex.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am making my purchase today and wanted ask is will the 275 width front tire be too wide and offer sidewall flex? I'm just thinking there must be a reason why AM went with the 265. Thank you. I would rather buy these from AM, since I have no experience with your competitors, but I also want the best handling set up because I intend to do a lot of autocross this season.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
bullitt1075 said:
I am making my purchase today and wanted ask is will the 275 width front tire be too wide and offer sidewall flex? I'm just thinking there must be a reason why AM went with the 265. Thank you. I would rather buy these from AM, since I have no experience with your competitors, but I also want the best handling set up because I intend to do a lot of autocross this season.
The 275 is a better option. Been running that setup since 05 or so.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
No need to respond any more Shane, I got it all figured out.
Sorry for the delayed response! Dan's been out on vacation this week, so I've had a lot more work on my hands, recently.

I'm not sure if you already purchased the tires or not, but I do want to warn you about running the 275 on the front. It's not a problem for 05+ Mustangs, but the 94-04 GT's, Bullitt's, and v6 tend to rub when at full steering lock. This is the reason we offer a 265 over the 275. The only exception I've found to this is the 03/04 Cobras, but they have different control arms than other SN95 Mustangs.

Hope this helps!

Shane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts