Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at some rims from American muscle that are 8.5 in the front and 10 in the back , my question is can I just do 10 all around ?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
10 on the front i way to wide, use spacers for the kicked out in the rear look or go staggered. Also you cant rotate so... it sucks in that respect. Spacers can solve that (most of the looks and can rotate)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I would think the 10s would scrub on the fenders. On the front .
I'm planing to do the staggered wheels my self . Once I get off work I'm going to order those bad boys !

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
OP,
These guys are right on ^^^. You won't be able to run a 10" wide rim in the front without clearance issues. I would stick with the staggered wheel package. All of our wheel packages are guaranteed to fit any stock model year they're designed for!

Shane

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hey, what the guys here said is 100% true. I went "Staggered", but my wheels are 22". Mine are 8.5 in the front and 10" in the rear, with NO PROBLEMS at all.

·
Registered
809 Posts
your not going to NEED 10" rears if your not doing FI or gears. thats not saying you cant, just probably dont need them. if your just going for looks and plan on keeping your stang mostly stock as far as performance then wheel spacers will give you that staggered look and you will still be able to rotate your wheels (like Spector said). if your going with gears and/or Forced induction then I would recommend going 10" in the rear. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
your not going to NEED 10" rears if your not doing FI or gears. thats not saying you cant, just probably dont need them. if your just going for looks and plan on keeping your stang mostly stock as far as performance then wheel spacers will give you that staggered look and you will still be able to rotate your wheels (like Spector said). if your going with gears and/or Forced induction then I would recommend going 10" in the rear. Just my .02
Not true in my case, carving corners sure would be a little nicer with wider in the rear, since it wants to kick out coming out of a corner. That said I am going to run 275's on all 4 corners for rotation purposes when the 255's wear out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys im new Here and this is my first mustang its a 99gt I've got 18x9 real saleens running 265/35/18 on all 4 but I put in a tube k member and it pulled my wheels in like an inch on both side so does any one know what off set I could get to set it flush with the front fender cause with an 1 in spacer it just gets it out where it was to start with or could I get just get 10in all the way around with a bigger offset in the front

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd like to get 3.73 s in the rear soon after the rims and a couple of years from now do a procharger . Doing everything with thinking about the future .

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hey guys im new Here and this is my first mustang its a 99gt I've got 18x9 real saleens running 265/35/18 on all 4 but I put in a tube k member and it pulled my wheels in like an inch on both side so does any one know what off set I could get to set it flush with the front fender cause with an 1 in spacer it just gets it out where it was to start with or could I get just get 10in all the way around with a bigger offset in the front
I'm almost positive that if you go 10" in the front your going to rub on your wheel wells. There is a great write up on AM about why you can only go so wide. I think the proper solution is wheels with a different offset but that means new wheels and tires.... Ill try to find that page on AM

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

BINGO!

94-04 Mustang Wheels: Frequently Asked Questions - Free Shipping!

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I could of sworn I seen somewhere on the internet the tire size for hp output for rwd. It was like 240 and less hp was 245 wide, 240-300 hp was 255-275, 300-350 was 275-295 and 400 and up was anything bigger than 295. Not sure if that's correct

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm almost positive that if you go 10" in the front your going to rub on your wheel wells. There is a great write up on AM about why you can only go so wide. I think the proper solution is wheels with a different offset but that means new wheels and tires.... Ill try to find that page on AM

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Thanks rebel I would have never thought that I was losing handling running 18s I got them because I thought it would improve handling not decrease it I got my car from a friend about 5 months ago but Ive been helping him build it for the last year or so I wish I would have found this forum a long time ago it would have a life saver to have outside opinions everyone on here is so cool to me I tried a couple of others no one really tired to help I've prolly been driveing people crazy asking questions but I just wanna say thanks guys I appreciate it

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
9.5's all around would do you just fine....but standard..not staggered is my recommendation...then you can rotate them and they last that much longer!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
get that with the falken / or kuhmo's

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Does anyone know if the staggered set up sticks out passed the fender in the back? & if so by how much?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts