Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear nitto nt05s on the stock brembo wheels? Would there be any disadvantages to doing so?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Increased understeer.

Looks like the diameters are close enough to not cause issues (0.08" taller for the narrower one--so really close).

Personally, I wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Can I run 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear nitto nt05s on the stock brembo wheels? Would there be any disadvantages to doing so?
Not sure it would be wise to run 275 on an 8.5" rim. Which is what I recall (and I could be wrong) the brembo wheels are.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Brembo wheels are 9" wheels. Yes you can run a staggered setup but why would you? Just run a square 275 setup, you could even go up to 285, but that would be the widest I would go on the front or on a 9" wheel.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Another thought, if you are looking for a staggered look, is to put wheel spacers on the rear. It's also a relatively inexpensive approach.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brembo wheels are 9" wheels. Yes you can run a staggered setup but why would you? Just run a square 275 setup, you could even go up to 285, but that would be the widest I would go on the front or on a 9" wheel.
Seems like the majority of people favor running 275 on all corners, so I think that's what I might do. I purchased the rear nt05s out of necessity when I punctured a stock p-zero which ended up being unrepairable. The 2 rear nt05s only cost me $50 more than just replacing the one p-zero so I went that route and ordered them. I was you going to originally run the stock pirellis up front but then thought it would look odd without matching tires so I guess I will be ordering 2 more 275/35/19 nt05s. Atleast this way I can rotate them. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thought, if you are looking for a staggered look, is to put wheel spacers on the rear. It's also a relatively inexpensive approach.
I've never been a fan of using spacers. I'll just have to wait a few more years until I can get the fiancés approval to purchase new wheels.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Seems like the majority of people favor running 275 on all corners, so I think that's what I might do. I purchased the rear nt05s out of necessity when I punctured a stock p-zero which ended up being unrepairable. The 2 rear nt05s only cost me $50 more than just replacing the one p-zero so I went that route and ordered them. I was you going to originally run the stock pirellis up front but then thought it would look odd without matching tires so I guess I will be ordering 2 more 275/35/19 nt05s. Atleast this way I can rotate them. Thanks for the help!
No problem! I wouldn't replace the other 2 until they are low on tread though, otherwise you're just wasting your money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts