Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 17 x 8's for the front, and 17 x 10.5 in the rear. I forget what the guy at Big-o's is going to put in the front, but he said he was going to put 305's or 315's in the rear. So my question is, should i lower the front, or raise the rear. Im trying to get that drag racer kind of look. And yes, i love wide wheels. Oh yeah, the rims are dark grey bullits, incase you were wondering.

And yes, i know the consequences of having a staggered set. But this holiday season is coming up, and afterwards i'll have more money than i can spend (Not to brag or anything). So i'll just buy some sets of tires and Nx.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
for the front you need a 245/45/17 for the rear you need a 315/35-17 or 335/35-17

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
buy fms c springs they will stagger the front to back, cut half a coil on the rears.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
SpectorV said:
buy fms c springs they will stagger the front to back, cut half a coil on the rears.
but he wants that raisedrear look, cutting a coil on the c springs will take a bit of that away

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea you can alwasy see if you like it and cut it later on if you want more of a drop, its alot harder to add a coil back than to cut it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cutting coils is not good on your springs if you want to get the raised look you should go with an air ride suspension and then you can change it anytime you like. But if you keep the rear raised and you do drag race it you will have some wind drag.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Mjcorn23 said:
Cutting coils is not good on your springs if you want to get the raised look you should go with an air ride suspension and then you can change it anytime you like. But if you keep the rear raised and you do drag race it you will have some wind drag.
ford c springs have a dead coil in the rear which can be cut without a problem.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the c springs are designed for pre 94 cars and 94+ cars so if you put em on a fox body you dont need to cut the dead coil, for 94+ you do to get an even drop

1 - 13 of 13 Posts