Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First to clear things up, when they say convert it to stainless steel, are they just speaking of the lines that run from the master cylinder to the rubber hose or does that rubber hose become stainless steel as well?

After that gets cleared, I would like to remove that rubber hose since its cracked all over but not sure on the steps. For I need to remove the brake fluid from the mast. Cyl so it doesn't spill out or leave the fluid. Then where do I start, the nut on the hub or where the hose meets the line on the frame bracket. Sorry again for all these simple minded questions, just figure this is the best way to learn, other then reading

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i do alot of cornering so i've notice no spongy braking after the fluid gets hot...plus i don't worry about ever having rubber lines break down

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
most do it when they notice one collapsing or if their fluid is turning black (which usually means a line is breaking down)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
most do it when they notice one collapsing or if their fluid is turning black (which usually means a line is breaking down)
Ok I think mine should be ok for now. How do I close of the line when changing the rubber hose to the stainless steel ones

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
honestly when i changed mine minimal fluid came out....you're gonna need to do a full bleeding anyways when you're all buttoned up so don't worry too much about fluid loss

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
honestly when i changed mine minimal fluid came out....you're gonna need to do a full bleeding anyways when you're all buttoned up so don't worry too much about fluid loss
Ok thanks

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

And did you use a flare wrench or just a regular one

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Don't let the master cylinder get completely empty, not fun to bleed it.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Get a friend to help with the bleeding process and as said do NOT let the fluid get below the master cylinder line. Stainless steel braided lines are good, but for a daily probably wont really notice much. Good opportunity to change out to at least cobra brakes etc

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've gotten all my front suspension taken off except one drum is still connected by the brake hose. Can't disconnect the brake line because the nut attaching it to the hose bracket is stripped so I was wondering if its ok to cut the steel brake line that goes to the master cylinder if I plan on replacing all the lines anyway?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts