Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 mustang 5.0 GT an im looking at the circle d converter my car is bone stock other than a diablo sport t1000 tuner and running stock tires. I have 3:15 gears and its an automatic. Just wondering which converter will be best trying to get a better off the line time

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
With 3.15 gears you'd be pretty well off with a 3600 stall converter. Circle D is one of the only companies (if not the only) making converters for the 6r80 transmissions. I'd give them a call and see what they have to say for sure

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
3600 is a little rediculous for a street driver, but whatever.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
The OP did ask about what's best for getting off the line, never asked about driveability.

Give us some insight. I'm not too knowledgable on stall converters, don't just give us a one liner lol
You gotta love when ppl read only one post to a thread.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would never go less than a 3000 if you're going to do it. 3600 sounds pretty good to me, that's what I'd get if I get around to putting one in.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
CorDog009 said:
I would never go less than a 3000 if you're going to do it. 3600 sounds pretty good to me, that's what I'd get if I get around to putting one in.
I have to agree, the 5.0 really comes to life past 3000rpms.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Rather than asking this question on a public forum I would contact Circle D and get their recommendation. And the fastest N/A autos are running a converter with 3.31's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts