Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my stang to the shop to have my transmission rebuilt today. Probably gonna be gone for about a week :/ So I just have to manage off of seeing all of your mustangs on here for a bit.

Is there a break-in period after a rebuild like there is with a new clutch?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Dont quote me on it but i believe 500 miles is adequate enough but its been a qhile for me with manuals so someone who has experience qill chime in and u and i will learn if there is one

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
May she come back stronger and faster :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1996mustang said:
Dont quote me on it but i believe 500 miles is adequate enough but its been a qhile for me with manuals so someone who has experience qill chime in and u and i will learn if there is one
That sounds about right, it's gonna be torture not being able to run it hard once I have a functional 4th gear again haha

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
My new Exedy stage 1 clutch said 750 miles on the paperwork that came with it. I still have like 600 miles to go.:( It's probably around 500 - 750 miles. I guess this is pretty important to do because your grabbing strength can be reduced if the clutch is not work in properly. There is a Ceterforce video on YouTube that breifly talked about it. You could try "Centerforce Clutch Break-In" search. It does suck waiting, especially when your used to driving spirited.:D

·
Registered
400 Posts
When I got my exedy stage 2 it chattered for a little but after a month or do it went away and my mechanic said he drives it normal for a day or two then rides the clutch to heat it up then he beats the hell out of it and he said it never failed him, that's what I did and I have no problems

·
Registered
400 Posts
The stage 2 is awesome because it has two different surfaces. If you set the clutch it will heat up and expand one of the surfaces I forget the name of it and it was grab like a mother I have never spun 3rd gear until I got this clutch

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the guy called me today and said based on him driving and looking at it, he doesn't think it's anything mechanical wrong, so he adjusted a few things and flushed the transmission fluid and filled it back up. Told me to come get it and If its still messing up after 2 weeks to bring it back

1 - 13 of 13 Posts