Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Then you would need to get some x9 and x10. You can't get a staggered look on the starfish time unless you buy spacers.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Venomouz831 said:
Then you would need to get some x9 and x10. You can't get a staggered look on the starfish time unless you buy spacers.
Yeah idk why my whole post didn't post
But I wanna get the staggered look but the rims I want a super heavy and these are way lighter, would the 265s look good with 245/40/17s?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
twotone01 said:
Yeah idk why my whole post didn't post
But I wanna get the staggered look but the rims I want a super heavy and these are way lighter, would the 265s look good with 245/40/17s?
Like 245 up front and 265 out back?

·
Registered
502 Posts
IMO I would get all four of the same tires and get a set of hub centric one inch spacers for the rear. It will give you the staggered look you want and you will still be able to rotate your tires so you can get the max amount of life out of each set of rubber. If you run a different size in the rear after either lots of hard cornering or many burn outs you'll have to replace your tires about every year instead of going to or three on a full set

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Venomouz831 said:
Like 245 up front and 265 out back?
Yeah would that look lame?

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Dgerow12 said:
IMO I would get all four of the same tires and get a set of hub centric one inch spacers for the rear. It will give you the staggered look you want and you will still be able to rotate your tires so you can get the max amount of life out of each set of rubber. If you run a different size in the rear after either lots of hard cornering or many burn outs you'll have to replace your tires about every year instead of going to or three on a full set
Would 1" spacers require cutting of the studs?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
twotone01 said:
Yeah would that look lame?

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Would 1" spacers require cutting of the studs?
No won't look lame but you won't see that much of a difference in size. N no it won't require the cutting of the studs. This is what I had on my old v6

image-1945378578.jpg

A

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Venomouz831 said:
No won't look lame but you won't see that much of a difference in size. N no it won't require the cutting of the studs. This is what I had on my old v6

A
Ok sweet, ever had any problems with your spacers? I'm looking for some now haha

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Venomouz831 said:
Nope none at all. I don't have them now I sold them to my friend. This is what it does

Before and after
Dang really looks good, what size tires were you running in the back?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
twotone01 said:
Dang really looks good, what size tires were you running in the back?
At that time I had 245/35/17 all around. Then I sold them and upgraded the wheels to 18' roush. They were 255 up front and 275 out back. This is also how it looked with and without spacers

image-1406196018.jpg

With them off and the other 2 are with them on

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Venomouz831 said:
At that time I had 245/35/17 all around. Then I sold them and upgraded the wheels to 18' roush. They were 255 up front and 275 out back. This is also how it looked with and without spacers

With them off and the other 2 are with them on
Nice, I'm pretty much sold on the spacers now, I just gotta save for them and wider tires, lookin at the H&R ones. Which brand did you run?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
twotone01 said:
Nice, I'm pretty much sold on the spacers now, I just gotta save for them and wider tires, lookin at the H&R ones. Which brand did you run?
I ran a brand called bulley dog or something like that. I don't have them no more I sold them to my friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts