Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 gt auto...when i turn my key my engine turns over then i release the key like you normally would but then it hesitates then the engine starts running...anyone know why or how to fix it??

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
just crank it a second longer and it won't feel like that.. ;) most 4.6's I know of do this, its actually fun to see how many start by themselves with just a flick of the key

however when I first got my 02 it did this bad.. it felt like it caught so I'd let go of the key, there'd be a moment it does nothing, then it'd fire up...
I replaced the air filter and fuel filter and it hasn't acted up again..

·
Registered
298 Posts
StreetRacer4371 said:
i have a 95 gt auto...when i turn my key my engine turns over then i release the key like you normally would but then it hesitates then the engine starts running...anyone know why or how to fix it??
Well, I'd say hold it longer too but there may be a problem you need to address here. Perhaps your alternator is a bit more worn out than it used to be, perhaps you can't get the spark you need, maybe your battery is a little weak, it's possible you can't get fuel initially, there are a million things that can cause it. How many miles are on your engine and what have you replaced done lately? It could also be the cold weather, it has been a bit chilly lately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts