Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in my mustang today and tried to start it. It attempted to turn over, but made a gurgling noise and didnt start. Turned the key again, made the same noise but started and is driving just fine. (Plenty of fuel in the tank) Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Is it really cold today? Do you have at least half a tank of gas? How old is your fuEL filter? How many miles? How old are the plugs etc etc etc

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it really cold today? Do you have at least half a tank of gas? How old is your fuEL filter? How many miles? How old are the plugs etc etc etc
Under half tank. I bought the car with 84K, it now has 91K. I'm not sure when the spark plugs or the fuel filter were changed. Or if they were ever changed. I thought about changing all of these things. Still not sure about the gurgling.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Definitely not cold today. I'm in Louisiana. Lol.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Ya I don't know what gurgling means, better describe noise

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounded like it was coming from under the dash. I have a friend who is a Ford mechanic coming to look at it tonight.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Sounds like it had a late night...
Ha! Strangely enough, there is a hot pink GT that is about two blocks from my house.....:cool:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ha! Strangely enough, there is a hot pink GT that is about two blocks from my house.....:cool:[/QUOTE]

haha this made me laugh. anyway this happens to me also when i go on a drive shut car off and lets say i run into a store for one minute come back start it. i think its the spark plugs for me since when i bought it it had about 84K miles like you so i figure they probably were never changed so maybe you can start there or maybe your ford friend can help..either way hope it works out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts