Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just fixed an issue with my 1995 Ford Mustang GT, It was randomly shutting off, the mechanics discovered that it was oil seeping into the distributor cap. Once they replaced the distributor cap, I found an issue driving it back. It seemed that the car lacked power. I had no way to prove it at the moment so I could not take it back to the mechanic. I then confirmed my suspicion early today because I shut the car off, then 20 minutes later started the car again. When I started the car again it would turn on and then immediately turn back off. I did this for about 3 more times before realizing that I would shove up the RPM's to try and get it to not fall back down to 0 RPMs. This worked for a little bit but the car would continue to turn off if I did not constantly apply acceleration. I then pulled into a parking lot and let it chill for a little bit. I was on my way home but when I was at a light the car kept shutting off. I then added more gas but the car did not accelerate fast at all. I had my acceleration pedal all the way to the ground but was getting a very minimal reaction from the car the RPM's were not high and I had the pedal all the way down after I let the clutch up all the way.

My question is What could be some of the issues that would cause a lag in acceleration?
I don't know if this is important to note but the fuel pump was recently replaced and I read online that you should hear some kind of click when you put your key in the run position. I did this and found no click so perhaps it has something to do with the fuel pump?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ran the codes and got 565 and when I was running the codes I noticed that there was a smell of gas while I was checking it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts