Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to start the car and I get nothing no click it just goes dead. The battery is charged and everything works when the key is in the on position any ideas?

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Grab a screwdriver and touch one post on the solenoid on the drivers side fender then while still touching that post, touch the other post, make sure your car is in neutral or park before you do this!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same problem after i put the new engine in my car. The solenoid went. Also check the negative battery lead that connects to the battery. You will have to tighten u where the wire connects to the terminal thing. Make sure you clean the battery terminals and leads

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I go to start the car and I get nothing no click it just goes dead. The battery is charged and everything works when the key is in the on position any ideas?
If the battery is fully charged and does not have a dead cell, then your starter solenoid or switch must be bad.

When jumping the solenoid, jump from the large cable connected to the battery to the small terminal marked "S" on the solenoid. Make sure the car is in park if auto trans or out of gear with the emergency brake on if manual. Be sure to turn the switch on if you want to start the engine.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dreamstang said:
Did you jump it?iwould definitely try it first before you replace.it is really easy and only takes a minute.
E brake doesn't work. But I did pop the clutch and it started it up so i was able to get it to my storage unit

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dreamstang said:
You can still jump it.just make sure you are in neutral like Trojan suggested.if you are still worried chaulk the wheels.
Good point so I just take a screw driver to the s and then what

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
351mustang said:
Good point so I just take a screw driver to the s and then what
Then you just make a connection to the other post...there will be a few sparks,but you'll know right away if it starts the selinoid was the problem!..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XXSTEVEO66 said:
Then you just make a connection to the other post...there will be a few sparks,but you'll know right away if it starts the selinoid was the problem!..
Ok forgive my ignorance I've heard of this but haven't ever tried it so I take a screwdriver to the s and what do I connect it with to the the wire going to the wire from the battery terminal

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
XXSTEVEO66 said:
Hope this helps...as you can see ive replaced mine as well!...I jumped it and drove straight to the auto parts store!..I just left it running until I got back home to replace it..
Ahhh I feel dumb however I don't think I can achieve that I'll take pics of my solenoid the I have two small post on mine

1 - 20 of 101 Posts