Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having some starting problems in my 95 mustang 5.0. It crank and everything i could hear my fuel pump turn on but it wont start sometimes i dont now what it could be nd sometimes i will be driving it nd it shuts down. I hope i could get a lil help were to start.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do a quick google or forum search. When I had something similar there was a good "no start" checklist to isolate the problem. The dying while driving could be a bad PIP sensor in the distributor. Do hot or cold starts give you more of an issue? Many things to run down... TFI module, Fuel pressure, etc. Try to isolate before throwing a bunch if parts(money) at it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its good information but wat my car does is that it stars but sometimes it wont start i will be cranking it and cranking nd it wont start but if i leave it for a bit wit out cranking for like abot 30 min or about an hour (estimate) it will start..

·
Registered
829 Posts
When's the last time you did or had a tube up? Basically speaking and engine won't start due to either no power, which if its cranking you don't have that problem, no spark (could be with worn out parts) or no fuel. A partially clogged fuel filter can cause issues as well as fuel pump screen/sock being gummed up. When the trash settles it's good. Also if you have low compression that could cause starting issues. Most of these are simple checks minus the fuel pump sock, that one you have to drop the tank, but if you've never let fuel sitting for too long or had water/rust in the tank you should be good there. Don't have too much info to go off of. Have you checked to see if you are getting spark and fuel when it's not starting? Just too many possibilities, gotta narrow it down. Could be a coil going bad to.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i now its not.my fuel pump cuz i never run my car on low gas. I could be my fuel.filter because i havent changed dat for the longest. But last time i scand my car with a paper clip nd i got dis code. 212- ignition TECH signal was erratic (module/wiring) or SPOUT circuit fault- ignition systems

·
Registered
829 Posts
I keep forgetting yours is newer, where the wires come out of the distributor, those should attach to the module. The older fox bodies have them attached to the distributor body, yours maybe close to the coil.

·
Registered
829 Posts
He's actually looking for the ignition module. I have an older fox so mine is part of the distributor. I see on his the wires come out of the distributor body and connect to a plug. I'm thinking if you trace those wires it would lead you to the ignition module, bit I'm not real familiar with the 94-95. Hopefully someone with a 94-95 can help out.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Just did some research and it sounds like its under your air filter box.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts