Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've changed out my ignition switch tested my starter and it's all good my battery is good also I changed out my starter silinoid and the cable running from the silinoid to the starter still can't get it to crank over at all. Anyone got any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know this may sound like me being a smart *** . Is it an automatic , is it all the way in park ? If it's a standard it could be the switch on the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it to autozone to have it tested and they told me it was good I even changed the wire tuning to the silinoid to the starter

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
You need to get a probe-style 12V test light, and start checking around to find out what is not getting voltage.

What year is the car?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
You are going to need to check the fuses and relays for the ignition, starter, etc. If they check out, you will need to check the continuity of every wire leading to the ignition and starting components.

Don't forget to check the operation of the ignition switch (not the key switch, but the box the key operates), the park/safety switch, ground to the starter, ground to the fuse box...

Basically, get a wiring diagram and begin pulling things apart slowly and methodically.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts