Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the cold air system off my 06 v6 and want to know if it will work on my new 2013 v6.
Also have my sct xcallibrator 2 from the 06 will that work on the new mustang.
Thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts
I posted up a thread asking the same sct xcallibrator 2 question. Long story short, no, the sct xcallibrator 2 wont work due to the new computer in our mustang's.

As for your CAI, just give it a try some time. If it fit's you should be ok, just be sure to let your car "learn" the new intake if you do that. If your not familiar with this process It can be found in your manual or I would be happy to enlighten you.

Here is the sct xcallibrator 2 thread:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t315185/

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I took the cold air system off my 06 v6 and want to know if it will work on my new 2013 v6.
Also have my sct xcallibrator 2 from the 06 will that work on the new mustang.
Thanks

13stang901,

Unfortunately, the Xcal-2 does not work on 11+ Mustangs PCM. You'll have to upgrade to a Xcal-3 or SF3 if you're interested in tuning your 2012.

The intake should have different plumbing as well. Although, you could try modifying it to fit, too. I've never tried this, but I'm sure it could be done one way or another, it just depends how much you're willing to hack it up.

Good luck!

Shane

·
Registered
809 Posts
13stang901,

Unfortunately, the Xcal-2 does not work on 11+ Mustangs PCM. You'll have to upgrade to a Xcal-3 or SF3 if you're interested in tuning your 2012.

The intake should have different plumbing as well. Although, you could try modifying it to fit, too. I've never tried this, but I'm sure it could be done one way or another, it just depends how much you're willing to hack it up.

Good luck!

Shane
I think Shane may be on to something here. Take a look at moding your intake, I have been looking at the spector "universal" intake that can be found at most discount auto parts stores and maybe autozone as well. The only reason I would even consider this is because it looks like it might actually bolt right up to your intake. there is one that is almost all straight then has a 30* or so bend on the end, i think that would be your best bet... and you can always take it back if it wont fit, but for the $60 or whatever it costs, you cant go wrong if it works. The only condition to this is you have to let us know if it does work, were all about cheap power here lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ill give that a try, and guess its time for a new programer.
I can't stand the stock throttle response.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
A tuner will certainly change that. Just be aware that some dealerships void warranties with such a mod. Some dealerships "look the other way" as long as the tuner is not directly responsible for a warranty issue. Others will simply not even address the issue when they see that a tune was installed. Restoring the stock tune into the ECU/PCM no longer "hides" the fact that an aftermarket tune was installed. Sometime in 2010, the ECU/PCM now stores the fact that the factory tune was changed, even if you set it back to stock.

I'd check with my local Ford dealership prior to any installs if the warranty is an issue with you.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

I highly suggest checking out our Bama SF3 tuner then! A Bama custom tune will completely eliminate the hesitation of your stock throttle and pick up some hp/tq throughout your power band. It's a night and day difference!

Let me know if you're interested in more info or have any questions about our custom tunes. I'll be happy to clarify anything I can!

Shane

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I highly suggest checking out our Bama SF3 tuner then! A Bama custom tune will completely eliminate the hesitation of your stock throttle and pick up some hp/tq throughout your power band. It's a night and day difference!

Let me know if you're interested in more info or have any questions about our custom tunes. I'll be happy to clarify anything I can!

Shane
I can confirm this!
it definitely woke up my car :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts