Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

I bought some Steeda Hood Struts for my 2015 GT Convertible. Installed them as per Steedas instructions. They work fine. The hood stays up as expected.
The issue is the brackets that attach to the top of the fender inside the engine compartment are crooked. It's like Steeda skimped on 20 cents worth of metal. I spoke with Steeda and them seem remarkably uninterested! Any one else having this type of issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Pics?

I bought struts as well, but there are not any lower brackets on mine as the fastener goes through the pre-existing hole in the fender and then tightens from below. The lower part of the strut then just snaps on to the bracket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guard5.0, I even tried using marine grade silicone adhesive to get the brackets to stay in place. They stayed straight until I closed the hood, then they went crooked again. They work fine, but I dislike the look.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hello RedvertGT,

Please send me your order number, photos & whom you spoke with on the phone - you can send directly to [email protected].

I apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing, I will do my best to make the situation right.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Banned
275 Posts
That's to be expected. My mmd hood struts did the same thing. It's a design flaw. Redline hood struts don't do this.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
That looks like complete **** honestly... I'd get a set that doesn't do it. If the Redlines don't, return the Steedas and get the Redline.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
For the record, still haven't heard from the OP ... happy to help if I can.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the late reply! Had to go to the warehouse and uncover the car and take more pics of the struts and brackets.
You asked me to reply to you via your email and I will later today!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the record I have replied to Tim at Steeda and am waiting to hear back from him!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hello Redvertgt,

I just checked my inbox & spam folder - nothing.

When you re-send, shoot me a p.m. so I know when it comes in.

Thank you.

TJ

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Hello Redvertgt,

I just checked my inbox & spam folder - nothing.

When you re-send, shoot me a p.m. so I know when it comes in.

Thank you.

TJ

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will resend in 1 minute!

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Resent

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Still nothing, let's start again. Are you sending to [email protected]? Send me a test email first then attach photos ... maybe the size of the photos are causing issues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spoke with Tim @ Steeda and we will see what can be done. More to follow!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry for you problems, I have had this Steeda set on my car for almost a year and I now have the Cervintis hood which is much heavier and mine have been perfect. I installed / torqued like they said and they have never moved or loosened.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Every time I tried to increase the torque the brackets moved to give it that lopsided look. Not sure how you did it but it didn't work for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts