Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello have a steeda intake and sct tuner. The tuner is programmed to my car you get get stage 3 motorsports to unlock and do new tune. Best offer. Just used it on my car one day and I just don't like it and something came up that I need the money.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it on my 2011 gt I'm taking the intake off tonight and returning it to stock tune tonight.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
If you return to stock there should be no need to unlock.

I'm not trying to troll your thread just trying to help :)

GLWS!

For anyone interested Steeda intake is awesome! This is a great starter kit for any 5.0 owner!

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Well if its married to someone's car then it has to be unlocked and that costs money, but if it has tunes for someone else car and is not locked all they have to do is buy more tunes, which also costs money, but you would not have the expense of also getting the device "unmarried"

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
As far as I know, with my SCT from AM the tuner has to be programmed to the specific ECM on your car.

When AM sent me my tuner, it was blank. The tunes were not on it. I called Bama and they emailed me my tunes and I was unable to load to to the tuner because those tunes were written for a different tuner. It was a shipping mistake but it had me realize that the tuner has to match the tunes and the ECM.

I think that's why AM charges $150 to give you lifetime tunes when you already have a tuner.

So besides the used markdown, OP is gonna have to consider that whom ever buys his intake & tuner is going to have to pay $150 to get their own tunes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts