Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm getting one that has the steeda shift know and I have the boot too still, will I need any gaskets?
Some say yes, some say no... I didn't waist my money on it. I used a silicone adhesive that makes it water tight, same price as the gasket but I already had it. Just to be safe, you should get the gasket.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I mean it's a $200 shifter ik the make much better ones but this on seems to be pretty good?
Its a solid shifter, just not a brand id swear by. Some ppl love them and others will say they're s*** lol I swear by Hurst because they've been around for forever, I've never had one break, and it gives your new school ride an old school feel. Kinda like Mickey Thompson tires lol that shifter is the same price as the Hurst, its really all about what you like

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright ill be gettin that shifter this week, and about gears would putting 4.10s in my 6 make a good addition?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Would I need to replace the trac lok or whatever it is if I put those in?
It's not needed, but that wouldnt hurt. Your best bet is to save up to get a rear out of a gt or cobra. That way you have both wheels spinning when you take off compared to just 1.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Yeah the v6 has the 7.5 rear and GTs have the 8.8, bolts right in.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's not needed, but that wouldnt hurt. Your best bet is to save up to get a rear out of a gt or cobra. That way you have both wheels spinning when you take off compared to just 1.
Alright man, you've been a lot of help, answered a lot of my questions lol, so what if I got a gt rear end with trac lok and 3.73s already in it, could I just bolt it right up to my v6 with no speedo problems or anything?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts