Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my steering seems very tight...power steering makes a bit of a wine...could whatever this is be attributing to the tight steering? could I spray some wd40 or grease it up? it appears to be veryyyyyy dirty

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
my steering seems very tight...power steering makes a bit of a wine...could whatever this is be attributing to the tight steering? could I spray some wd40 or grease it up? it appears to be veryyyyyy dirty
Check your power steering fluid level... Probably low.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your power steering fluid level... Probably low.
filled..been wining for a month or so now, no big deal very common problem with the 99-04s, syphoned a bit out, added a bit of lucas PS fix and it actually quieted down a bit not nearly as loud, but its always had the super tight steering, and that steering elbow or whatever it is looks super dirty and thought maybe if that was greased up a bit or had some wd40 it might loosen up the steering a bit, just wanting to make sure before I go ahead and do that.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
filled..been wining for a month or so now, no big deal very common problem with the 99-04s, syphoned a bit out, added a bit of lucas PS fix and it actually quieted down a bit not nearly as loud, but its always had the super tight steering, and that steering elbow or whatever it is looks super dirty and thought maybe if that was greased up a bit or had some wd40 it might loosen up the steering a bit, just wanting to make sure before I go ahead and do that.
I'm gonna guess that it is more likely the PS pump starting to fail if you aren't low/leaking Ps fluid.

Shooting WD40 won't hurt, but I don't think it will help much. (Unless the car hasn't moved for a long time).

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I did the same thing bout 7 months ago and still hasn't came back. I used bout 1/2 bottle of Lucas for mine. I've heard people put Lucas products down but it works.

Grease any fittings u got. That might loosen up the steering a little bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts