Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i get rid of the inch of play in steering i get now? I tightened the bolts as tight as i could get them on the steering column that i had to remove earlier when installing my headers. Any help or experience would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
2013_stang_gt said:
How do i get rid of the inch of play in steering i get now? I tightened the bolts as tight as i could get them on the steering column that i had to remove earlier when installing my headers. Any help or experience would be appreciated!!
Do u have it in comfort mode or sport mode feel for the steering?

·
Registered
492 Posts
There should not be any play in the steering. Shifting from comfort to normal to sport only changes the steering feel, i.e. amount of effort needed to turn the wheels. If you got play, you got a problem.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont think my alignment is off. My car isnt hard to keep in a straight line at all. It doesnt drift or pull. Its just enough to be annoying!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
2013_stang_gt said:
Sounds like you need (must) take it in for some warranty work. There shouldn't be any play at all.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont wanna take it to ford. im thinking its something small. ive been looking at videos, and majority of those issues are on older vehicles. Im going to take it apart again this weekend and see if i can figure out if its the shaft not tightening completely, or something major.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts