Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Steering rack

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Bad tie rods

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steering rack

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Bad tie rods

Complete new rack lol hmm idk

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
So I will assume that new steering rack bushings were installed at that time.
It could be anything from merely being out of alignment, to a worn out front end component. Like Jeno said, check your tie rods, ball joints, A-arm bushings, and the steering shaft, for any play.
These cars are getting to the age where it is a good idea to rebuild the entire front suspension when something wears out, rather than doing it piece by piece over the years. That way the car will at least drive as good as new... While the rest of it falls apart around you! ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I will assume that new steering rack bushings were installed at that time.
It could be anything from merely being out of alignment, to a worn out front end component. Like Jeno said, check your tie rods, ball joints, A-arm bushings, and the steering shaft, for any play.
These cars are getting to the age where it is a good idea to rebuild the entire front suspension when something wears out, rather than doing it piece by piece over the years. That way the car will at least drive as good as new... While the rest of it falls apart around you! ;)
Lol I have to believe its the steering shaft bushing (sadly you have to buy the entire shaft ) D: I had a collision and I changed the whole front subframe with arms, everything lol except the shaft D:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Since you did that then I would say the steering shaft

1 - 6 of 6 Posts