Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not entirely sure but I suddenly noticed how my drives home at night are darker in the cabin. I can't remember if my steering wheel buttons are suppose to illuminate or not.. Haha can someone tell me if I'm just losing it or if I have a blown fuse or something. 2014 Mustang GT.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes they suppose too. Next to your light switch is a switch that you can roll up and down. Roll it up for max lighting in your dash buttons. Or it could be a burn fuse.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That rolling switch was the first thing I checked. I'm about to start checking my fuses

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After today I'm convinced the steering wheel doesn't light up.(at least mine) The letters look like they're clearly painted on instead of having a opaque white like the radio buttons and etc.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

An opaque**

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love how everyone's eyes went from iPhone directly to our steering wheel.... Mine light up check check and check :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you happen to notice if your Pony Projection lights were out when the steering wheel lights were out? The owners manual says 'switch illumination" is on the pony projection light fuse, and it just occured to me that might we the steering wheel buttons. Both of my pony projection lights quick working, as far as I can tell at the same time. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and they still did not work. I was trying to figure out what "switch Illumination" was when I realized that the last time I used Cruise Control I had to turn on the interior lights to find the buttons. Now I'm betting the steering wheel button lights are on the same fuse.

I'm not sure about now, as that was a couple of weeks ago when I replaced the fuse, but I did check the fuse immediatly after replacing it and the projection lights were not working to see if the fuse had blown right away and it did not.

So I have no projection lights, no steering wheel lights and last check a good fuse in relay# 10. I'm wondering if a fix was found for the steering wheel lights issue.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Did you happen to notice if your Pony Projection lights were out when the steering wheel lights were out? The owners manual says 'switch illumination" is on the pony projection light fuse, and it just occured to me that might we the steering wheel buttons. Both of my pony projection lights quick working, as far as I can tell at the same time. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and they still did not work. I was trying to figure out what "switch Illumination" was when I realized that the last time I used Cruise Control I had to turn on the interior lights to find the buttons. Now I'm betting the steering wheel button lights are on the same fuse.

I'm not sure about now, as that was a couple of weeks ago when I replaced the fuse, but I did check the fuse immediatly after replacing it and the projection lights were not working to see if the fuse had blown right away and it did not.

So I have no projection lights, no steering wheel lights and last check a good fuse in relay# 10. I'm wondering if a fix was found for the steering wheel lights issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts