Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed new wheels and tires from AM. They came mounted and balanced. I also installed new struts and shocks. Had alignment done. Before and after there was a slight vibration in steering wheel. So I took car back to shop and had them rebalance wheels. They said they where off slightly. Car is a 2006 GT. Any ideas or suggestions on next step/

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Did the rebalance improve the steering wheel shake?

Did you (or the shop) take off the little rotor retaining clips before mounting the wheels?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the rebalance improve the steering wheel shake?

Did you (or the shop) take off the little rotor retaining clips before mounting the wheels?
Yes it helped slightly. I installed the struts and I re installed everything I took off.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
^ What about the rotor retaining clips?

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Yes! If your aftermarket wheel doesn't have a countersink on the back to accommodate the clip, then the wheel won't sit flush with the hub, causing a lot of wobble/vibration.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Let us know how it goes!

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
The clips are only used when the car is assembled to hold the discs in place...yep remove them and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
When American Muscle sells mounted and balanced tires they should include a heads up to remove the retaining clip if the new rims don't include the recess.
(In case one of the AM guys are listening in.:D)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the suggestions. Found a clip on the passenger side. Took it off and car drives perfect. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Great to hear!

Sometimes I'm right when I give suggestions...LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Thanks! Just glad it worked for the OP!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts