Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn left my steering wheel will shake real bad. I'm thinking it must be worn out tie rod ends and/or ball joints? What does this symptom usually occur from?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think you're on the right track. Maybe a bad wheel bearing too. Only way to find out is rip it all apart!

·
Registered
172 Posts
What speed? How hard of a left turn? There are many things it could be. Tie rods normally shake the wheel when driving straight. Wheel bearings make a growling noise. Give some more info and I can better assist you

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What speed? How hard of a left turn? There are many things it could be. Tie rods normally shake the wheel when driving straight. Wheel bearings make a growling noise. Give some more info and I can better assist you

No noises. Alignment is off. So I hold steering wheel to the right to go straight. When I turn left going about 60 it vibrates the worst.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Possible shutter valve in the rack. If the tie rods were going bad it would do it when the car is going straight not when turning. I would check lower control arm bushings, or the rack it's self. If you can jack up the left side turn the wheel left and shake the wheel while looking to see if there is any movement

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From all of the wheelies.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Probably doesn't help. Lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 04 Explorer did this exactly this at highway speeds. Whenever I turn right especially on on-ramps or when changing lanes. It turned out to be a bad wheel bearing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

My 04 Explorer did this exactly this at highway speeds. Whenever I turn right especially on on-ramps or when changing lanes. It turned out to be a bad front wheel bearing.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm I haven't even gotten the car apart to look at everything. ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts